Sunday, October 21, 2007

My thoughts on Health.....by Belinda


HEALTH: the dictionary defines it as “Freedom from disease or ailment, the general condition of the body or mind”
Many of you have heard/read some of my story, when Susan and I were regularly blogging about our exercise regime, however I thought I would share a little more with you today. So, here goes…

Over the last 12 to 13 years sadly I have put what I have wanted into my mouth, unfortunately this has resulted in my beautiful, but small frame becoming over weight. The result I have found and clearly see is that my body is not in the state of health that I know it can be in.

In my younger years I was always fit and healthy, however along the path of babies, etc., things seemed to slip. But things are changing now. I have made the decision to continue making my way back to health and well-being because I believe that HEALTH is a life style, it’s about how good you feel both body, mind and spirit when you are living right.

This journey takes time but it’s so worth it. Life is so busy these days that finding the time to exercise and be concerned about what we are consuming is an effort. Today I would like to tell you (out loud) that the effort is so worth it. I really started looking after myself about 8 months ago, I mean really exercising and trying to watch what I put through my lovely lips. This has definitely been a challenge for me, as I love junk. Everyday I am making wiser, stronger choices that I know in the long run will benefit every part of me.

Exercise for me is a vital part of becoming healthy. I encourage you to take just a ½ hour to 1 hour each day to exercise. Create a habit and after a short while you will really begin to feel and see (yahoo) the difference. When I say exercise I mean start by walking and then progress, your goal is to increase your heart rate so you can start burning some unwanted ‘bits’. After 8 months I’m finding that my exercise routine is no longer a chore for me, I am back to enjoying exercising, it gives me time to gather my thoughts all the while puffing like a steam engine!

Being healthy is not just a want it’s a need and every single women, man and child, regardless of age, needs to be active and work towards living a full and healthy life.
Cheers,
Belinda

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Belinda thank you for being so honest. You have inspired me to stand up and move. Sadly I have really let myself go over the years and I know I have to do something or my life expectancy will be cut short. With three children that isn't something I can accept and I know what I have to do. It's up to me. Thank you so much for being so open and sharing your journey. I'm going to do something today.
Jen

Anonymous said...

Hey Belinda!
Thanks for sharing. I don't think the choice to exercise or eat right is ever 'mastered'. I think it's a daily choice, sometimes hourly! I think if we ever expect to arrive and for it to be easy, then we're kidding ourselves.
We just have to keep at it day after day knowing that it means vitality and longevity and models great habits for our kids....Jane x

Anonymous said...

Keep going Belinda you are inspiring us although you may not know it.

Cheryl

My Favorites

 
Clicky Web Analytics