1 Red pepper (Capsicum) sliced lengthwise & deseeded
1 Green pepper (Capsicum) sliced lengthwise & deseeded
1 Red onion peeled & halved
1 Zucchini (Courgette) halved lengthwise
2 Roma tomatoes halved lengthwise
2/3 cup Kalamata olives
200g salami chopped
1/2 cup feta cheese
4 cloves of garlic pressed
2 cups rigatoni pasta
3 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried coriander (optional)
2 handfuls chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
Salt & pepper
1. Pre-grilling marinade: Mix juice of half lemon, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 3 pressed cloves garlic, 1 tspn oregano, coriander (optional), 1/4 tspn salt and fresh ground pepper. This is the pre-grilling marinade.
2. Toss and coat peppers, onion, zucchini, and roma tomatoes in marinade and let stand.
Grill vegetables in oven at 175 degrees for 35-40 minutes or on BBQ until slightly browned but still firm. (Alternatively stir fry)
3. Refrigerate vegetables to cool then slice peppers, cut zucchini and onion into bite size pieces,
Cook rigatoni al dente & strain under cold running water to cool. Refrigerate.
4. Dressing: Mix juice of half lemon, 3 tbsp olive oil, 1 pressed clove garlic, 2 tsp oregano, salt & pepper to taste.
5. To assemble toss cooled pasta in dressing, then add grilled vegetables and chopped parsley and gently toss to coat with dressing. Add salami, olives and feta cheese.
6. Serve on platter garnished with chopped parsley! Enjoy!
©The Family Room 2006