Thursday, January 25, 2007

A Recipe from Annie - you'll love this one!


I love soup, it’s hearty, comforting, economical and healthy. My family loves this recipe. I generally serve it with garlic bread.

CARROT AND COCONUT SOUP
Ingredients:
1Tsp olive oil
1 Tsp grated ginger
1 onion chopped
2 tsp ground cumin
1 kg carrots washed and chopped
4 ½ cups chicken stock
½ cup red lentils washed
½ cup coconut cream

Method:
Place oil in large saucepan over medium heat
Saute onion and ginger for two minutes
Add cumin, carrots and lentils and chicken stock
Place lid on saucepan, bring to the boil and reduce to simmer for 30 minutes
Blend using stab blender and stir through coconut cream

GARLIC BREAD
Ingredients
2 french sticks
30g softened butter
2 Tsp oil
pinch of salt

Combine and spread on to bread. Wrap in foil and bake @ 180 degrees for 20 minutes

Grocery List:


1 Small knob of Ginger
1 Onion
Ground Cumin (if you don't have already)
1 kg Carrots
Chicken stock
Red Lentils
1 can Coconut Cream
2 French Bread Sticks

Enjoy! This will become a family favorite and it's a great way to get some vegetables into everyone.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm making this. I know my Canadian friends will try it during the -20 (and lower) winter days they're experiencing.
Thanks Annie looks great.
Susan

Anonymous said...

This looks fantastic. Two of my favs - ginger and carrot.
Tina

Anonymous said...

Yum I'm trying this one for shizzle.
Joanna

Anonymous said...

I never really thought soup could be a meal in itself. My husband loves soup so this could be an easy way of satisfying everyone.
Thanks Annie.
Steph

Anonymous said...

ok I can't believe you've given me a grocery list. Thank you.
Janis

My Favorites

 
Clicky Web Analytics