Monday, March 12, 2007

Fitness for the Busy Person

I am so enjoying Susan and Belinda’s updates on their well-being journey.

I also have three children and I see health and fitness as an important ingredient in my life. Health and fitness allow me the ability to perform in my busy world, in addition it is an essential investment into my future.

As you know Bea and Susan drop the kids to school and then get straight into fartleking (I can’t get used to that word!) which is really working for them. I, on the other hand, am self-employed so after I drop my children off I head STRAIGHT to the office ~ like many of you. Exercise during the day isn't an option, so I choose to get up early and walk. I find this an amazing way to start the day and it is as good for my soul as it is for my body. In addition to my walking I also do sit-up’s before bed or in the morning. As a working mother this routine works extremely well for me.

I would like to encourage you to find a way to work exercise into your existing busy schedule and find a routine that works for you and most importantly is sustainable. Three times a week is a fantastic way to start and something that is manageable with most schedules. As Susan and Belinda have said, "It truly is amazing how incredible you feel once you get back into the groove of exercising regularly."

Find half an hour in your day (that may mean getting up slightly earlier....it's hard at the beginning but it gets easier ~ trust me), remove any excuses and get started. You are worth it!

Annie x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Annie,
Thank you I am a working mother and really need to keep fitness into my schedule. Thanks for the reminder and the tips.
Susan

Anonymous said...

thank you for remembering us working mum's. i hate saying that because i don't really know what the term 'working mum' really means. we're all 'working mums' where ever we are. it's just nice to see that our difference in time is recognised.
thanks Annie.
Lynetta

My Favorites

 
Clicky Web Analytics