Monday, March 05, 2007

The Journey Continues



My apologies for not blogging yesterday, it was a busy day spent getting the house back in order following the weekend. Somehow the day escaped me and I didn’t get a chance to jump on the computer.

I thought today I would give you an update on our progress. I have to tell you WE FEEL FANTASTIC! Both Belinda and I are finding we have so much energy, which is allowing us to accomplish so much more in one day, our outlook on everything seems better (as I said in a previous post it wasn’t bad before however since bringing fitness and exercise back into our lives everything seems so much clearer), plus we are looking forward to our training everyday. Lastly, we’re fitting into clothes that were on the tight side no less than two weeks ago…..BONUS!

I’ve heard it said or perhaps I read it somewhere that it takes 7 days to change a habit and introduce a new one. I’m so glad we’ve both reintroduced exercise into our daily routine. As we’re fartleking (I think that word is so funny) we often talk about if we had left doing this for another year – or even six months – how much harder it would have been. Making this change took being honest with ourselves and hitting our laziness and out-of-whack priorities on the head once and for all.

I want to encourage you to stop thinking about getting fit, losing a few pounds or feeling better and stand up. Get yourself organised tonight and let tomorrow be your first day of your journey.

I’m so motivated and inspired by the people who have joined us both physically (our ‘after school drop off group’ is growing) plus those via the blogspot. My sister, Katherine, who is in Canada has decided that this is the year of change plus many others who have emailed me privately. Hey…. my hubby even went out and bought himself some weights the other day – every step towards health and wellness is a step in the right direction.

Nicki and I fartleked today for 1 hour, Belinda wasn’t with us she had to get her hair done (a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do), both Nicki and I are better for doing it and I’m so glad we did. The Journey Continues!

My thought for today is: One person making One choice to change has the potential to impact the multitudes. Who is on the other side of your choice?

Make sure you leave a comment and let us know how you are making out. We love hearing from you.

Susan xoxo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susan,
I really like your ONE, ONE, WHO thought.
You guys are inspiring me.
Thanks.
Tash

thefamilyroom said...

Susan (and Belinda! :) )
I'm so pumped and proud of you guys (and everyone else who's joined the journey!).
You're such an inspiration and encouragement. If you guys can make it a priority in your day ANYONE can!!!
Love and miss you stacks!
~cj
xoxox

My Favorites

 
Clicky Web Analytics