Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Personality……It’s all good!


Hi friends.

If you were to ask me what my greatest weakness is I would have to say that it’s being a high achiever. Not a perfectionist, they are neat, tidy and have their children looking immaculate and at the ready 24/7.

My tendency is to want to be the best! Not a bad thing but it can mess you up just a little when you look at what has to be done and what lies in front of you each and every day. You may wonder why I’m sharing this with you (definitely not an easy thing to do for a high achiever!)? I have decided to share this with everyone because our lives seem to be filled with so many deadlines such as getting the children off to school in the correct uniform, equipped with a nutritious/enticing lunch and the necessary books, musical instruments and permission notes or getting out the door in the morning to get to an important meeting. Add all your house stuff, job requirements and social commitments to the list and everything just seems a little overwhelming and we are, at times, left feeling quite in adequate.

Some yeas ago I read a book called Personality Plus, this book helped me discover what my personality style is and how my personality affects the way I function and my impact on those around me. Whilst I can’t change my personality as such, I can embrace my strengths and use them well. I have also had to be brave, and take a good hard look at the areas in my life that required some work. In addition I decided to make myself accountable to someone close to me – someone who would point things out (in love) and help me on this journey.

I encourage you to take the time to look at how your personality influences the way you operate in your world. Be brave and ask a trusted friend how they see you and be accountable if they have any constructive suggestions. Get to know yourself a little more and allow your personality to work for you, not against you!

I’d love to hear any tips from you “high achievers” out there! Take it easy.

Annie xx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Annie,
You're a brave girl and I applaud you for being so. Thank you for being so 'real'. That's one thing I really like about this blog spot - you people are REAL and I/we all appreciate that very much.
Thank you.
Lorna

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your ecouragemet Lorna. I'm glad you are enjoying Family Room!
Go well.

Annie

Anonymous said...

Annie, your writing is a pleasure to read. This blog has really encouraged me to do the same and have an honest talk to a trusted friend re strengths and weaknesses. It's time to be real with me. Thank you.

My Favorites

 
Clicky Web Analytics