Monday, November 12, 2007

Health and Well-Being


Lately I’ve been thinking a great deal about health and our well-being and I have come to the conclusion that everything seems to come down to balance. We need to cultivate balance in every area of our lives. Balance is what seems to keep everything operating correctly and when balance shifts anything can happen.

As all of you know I have been working my way back to health and fitness after years of being in the pregnancy/baby season. What I’m finding is that I have needed to rediscover my personal balance again. Prior to pregnancy I knew what worked for me; I knew what level of exercise I needed to engage in, what I could and couldn’t eat (freely), how much sleep I needed, how many weeks I could burn the candle at both ends, etc. Basically I really knew my body and how it worked and then WOW it was all new with baby weight, no sleep, hormones, spit up, dirty nappies/diapers, food when time permitted, chocolate, decaf coffee, chocolate ~ you all know the rest.

Well now after 10 years of being in that place, and thankfully trying to maintain some of the things I always known that worked for me I am now endeavouring to readjust and apply appropriate balance at this stage of my life. I realize that the things I once could do I know longer can (eg: eating an entire pack of maltzeers or peanut M&M’s whilst watching a movie) which is requiring me to re-evaluate balance in my life.

So my friends embrace balance, cultivate it and make it work in whatever stage of life you are at. Remember we are Body, Soul and Spirit and it is our responsibility to tend to all areas of our being.

Susan xoxo

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Thanks Susan couldn't agree more about balance. It's hard to strike but worth the fight.
Cynthia

Anonymous said...

Thanks Cynthia. Glad you enjoyed.

Keep reading!

Susan

Anonymous said...

Balance is something I really strive for. I find it hard to keep at times and know what you mean when you said anything can happen when balance shifts. I have seen all hell break loose in my life at times.
I really enjoyed reading this. Thanks.
Shelley

Anonymous said...

Balance... the very thought makes me think of two people on a teeter-totter. We all know what happens when one person gets off balance or jumps off... SMASH (it is not pretty)!

My Favorites

 
Clicky Web Analytics