Friday, November 09, 2007

Big Brother

I've always wondered what it would be like to have a big brother. I've always wished for one to be "over protective of me," always looking for me. I've even tried to have older male friends replace that desire by being big brother-ish.

I actually do have a big brother. This is him. Only his name is Scott. He was born June 7, 1982. He lived to 23 days.

My brother shared the same syndrome as Elliot. A syndrome called Trisomy 18 or Edwards Syndrome (for more information check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwards_syndrome).

I hope that through this video and my brother's little life you will be moved to live differently. You will choose to value everyday and choose to BE who you are meant to be in this big world.

Life is a precious gift!

~cj

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I wanted him to live so much longer......I was moved...to tears.

Power in a life is not dictated by time or accomplishments, but by the influence it has. Even after death.

catherine jayne said...

Hey anonymous,

I actually posted this on my personal blog as well, and my mum left a comment saying that:
"He did look out for you. He made Dad and I better parents by showing us what's really important. LOVE"

Goes along with your comment. Interesting how someone so innocent who hasn't got a clue can impact so many lives.

~cj

Anonymous said...

So true friend.
Life is precious no matter how many breaths we take whilst we are here. Everyone has a purpose and significance in the eyes of God.
Thanks for sharing your big brother with us.
Annie

Anonymous said...

Amazing video. It does cause you to stop and think about life and how precious each day is. One of my favorite verses is "Teach me to count my days that I might grow a heart of wisdom."

Chanty said...

This little boy truly touched the lives of those around him. You can tell it by the pictures. I love how they celebrated each day of his life. Really - it's something I need to do more often. Each day is a gift from God. What will I dod with it.
Wow! What a good video!

Anonymous said...

CJ,

Well done friend. Once again your brother has made a difference. I think what Chanty said was key ~ what will we do with each day that we are given.

Sure makes you think. In 23 days or 91 days you can change and affect so much.

Susan

Anonymous said...

Katie Lady...... is this finally the Katie Lady I've hoped would comment?

Susan

Anonymous said...

CJ, I was so moved by this. It's so important to treasure the moments we have with each other especially when we don't know how long we have with our loved ones. So many people see babies like this as faulty in someway and ask why, but I'm positive many lives are enriched when we take time to stop and be inspired by these little souls who have to deal with and overcome much more than us.
Love you,
Michaela.

My Favorites

 
Clicky Web Analytics