Thursday, February 28, 2008

Something New and Quick

Hey all hope your day is going well and if it's just started I hope it's a great one!

I've struggled today wondering what to post on the blog and have only now, at 11:52 am, realized what it is that I should write about. So friends today is super simple, it's short but it's good (at least I think so anyway)!

Today I want to encourage you to do a few things and they are:

1) Do something new: That's right, do something that you've never done before. What could that be? Cook something different for dinner, learn a new word and use it, learn about a country or people group that you know nothing about, listen to different music. I say this because I think it's important that we continue to grow and expand and learning is a great way to do that. Challenge your brain a little today.

2) Do something that scares you: Yes, step out into the 'scary, where fear and trembling happen and your palms sweat'. How can you do this? Call someone who has been on your mind and just let them know you've been thinking about them. This could be, and most probably will be, someone you don't usually talk to (that's the scary part) and at the risk of sounding silly know that you are letting them know they matter. Take a risk to believe the impossible because believing means you're half way there.

3) Love more: Change the worlds of those around you simply by showing your love more today than you have in the past. Surprise everyone with a little more.

That's all, three simple things that are inexpensive but perhaps costly emotionally and stretching personally. You can do this and can you imagine if all of us reading this did it ~ the world would be a different place.

We love you and believe in you. Remember to share your stories with us.

Susan J. Sohn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susan this speaks magnitudes. So very true.

Annie

Anonymous said...

Doing it today... ha
Regardless of if I want to or not...
I'm doing it and actually enjoying it...
I enjoyed getting a bit of susan in my world today...
Thanks
Rachel

My Favorites

 
Clicky Web Analytics