Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Today He's 40!

Today is a big day for our family, it is my hubby’s birthday and he is 40 and I'm almost speechless. Where have the years gone? It's almost like yesterday we were standing at the altar saying 'I do' and in a blink our first was born, quick on her heels our second and then like a flash our baby and now 40 years old.

I’ve found myself smiling today, almost breaking out into laughter realizing that my man is 40. I’ve almost had to pinch myself in order to wake up from this dream I seem to be in. He’s 40 and I honestly believe we are entering into some of the best years of our life. We’ve said good bye to the early years of marriage, nappies, most sleepless nights, diaper rash and all the rest that we all know so well.

What’s really funny about Philip’s birthday is that last night our family went out for a quick meal and both Philip and I were asked for ID when ordering a glass of wine with dinner. We both looked at each other, had a giggle and eagerly handed over our ID. Once the waiter realized our ages he was quick to ask what kind of diet we were on and what was in the water we were drinking. He told us that he thought Philip was around 27 and me 25 and wasn’t convinced our 3 children could be ours.......very funny and needless to say rather uplifting.

What does 40 look like in our house? A fit, healthy man who loves God, his wife, children, family and friends. He is kind, gentle and very funny, he is firm and affirming. He is strong and loving and he can laugh at himself. He lights up the room with his smile and his children and wife adore him. He is business minded but is generously seasoned with creativity. He loves to snowboard, skateboard, play poker with friends, sing for hours and loves a good game of chess. He is adventurous and spontaneous yet extremely well planned. Simply put, “He makes 40 look great”!

I will sign off today with a word of encouragement to those of you who have already reached this milestone, stay strong, keep running the race and run well. For those of you who are closing in on 40 get excited because from what I can see it only gets better. For me I’m excited today because I can see a few gray hairs and a few tiny wrinkles that remind me how divine my hubby is and how the years of good, hard and otherwise have shaped him and prepared him for the years ahead.

Truly life begins at 40!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We would have to agree, love you and your family and believe in you. Thank you for inviting us in for a long weekend and for taking such good care of us. We felt so blessed when we left. We will always have such great memories of our last days in the States...
Much Love,
Rachel and Aaron Young

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Phil!

Richard+Annie & Crew XXXXXX

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Phil!!!

Just yesterday I was thinking of all of you and now I see that you seem to do really well?!
Are you living in the states now?

With love,
Eva from good old Germany again :-)

My Favorites

 
Clicky Web Analytics