Friday, April 13, 2007

Exercise, Sex Drive and Food Diaries, O MY!!!!!


Hey again everyone!

I’ve really been enjoying reading about the exercise antics of various
familyroom team members (Go Susan, Belinda and now Nicki) and comparing them to my own!

My little weight loss program is coming along and although I stayed the same weight this week, (it happens), I’m feeling great and loving the benefits.

Eating less and increasing exercise is really the key to getting in shape and the spin offs are so worth it.

I’m sleeping better, I actually have an appetite rather than eating out of habit or because the food’s there, I have more energy and my clothes are fitting better. My sex drive is greater too, which is fun!! My man is happy!

If you had a look at my last post you’ll remember that I was going to talk to you about what I’m doing differently this time and why it’s working for me, as opposed to the yo-yo thing.

Well as I said, this time I’m doing it for me and I’m doing it for life, I’m not on a diet. Also I have a clear goal, not just ‘well maybe I’ll lose a few kgs’; I’m going for a kilo a week.

Also I’m exercising everyday and loving it…..I think I’m addicted!!

I’m walking, swimming, doing weights and floor work for abs, I’m doing Pilates DVDS (in my living room) and generally thinking more about incidental exercise – you know the kind where you take the stairs instead of the lift and park further away so you have to walk further, etc.

I am also keeping a food diary, which I highly recommend to everyone! When I see clients for a Nutrition consultation, the first thing we do is talk about what they’ve eaten for the last few days. A food diary helps you acknowledge that actually you’re not a great vegetable eater and no you didn’t even come close to 8 glasses of water today!! The diary also helps you work out what your weaknesses are and when you’re eating from boredom or pmt or depression.

Try it and see how you go.

Another key is not eating 2 hours before bedtime. As Oprah says “Not a grape!”

If you’re in bed at 10pm then there must be nothing, not a thing after 8. Your metabolism slows down towards the end of the day and it’s much harder for your body to deal with food. It may sound simple but can be so effective in weight loss.

And one more for the road, give alcohol the flick except as a sometimes or party treat. It has oodles of calories and sugar and while it may not have a lot of fat, it adds a whopping amount to you’re overall daily caloric intake. Instead of alcohol drink water and herbal teas and watch the weight come off and your energy increase! You may not know but alcohol is actually a depressant. It may give us the giggles and some Dutch courage but the end result is a downer for your nervous system.

If I’m honest, it has been hard these past few weeks to stick with the program. It’s been one of those weeks where everything goes wrong and pmt leaves me kicking and screaming. For the most part though I kept it together with the exercise and the good food choices, but it wasn’t easy. Know that there ARE and WILL be weeks like this. And its ok!

It’s not all or nothing.

Have a great week,

Lv Jane

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really enjoyed reading that Jane. Very encouraging for me. I am yet to start my "lifestyle change". But I feel like my body is crying out for it. I can't ignore it forever! Sam.

Anonymous said...

That's great Jane. How much better are we all feeling now that we are building Health and Fitness back into our lives. KEEP GOING everyone.
Susan

Anonymous said...

I think the word Diet should be banned from the female vocabulary. As women we need to be accountable for what we eat and when we exercise, our children are watching. At the end of the day it's all about lifestyle, and we all want to grow old. I fortuantly dont have a weight issue(and there are reasons for that)but for the sake of my family we are constantly refining what we eat and how we cook and explaining to our children the whys. I agree with Jane keep a food diary for a week, do it as a family, you would be amazed and what you actually consume.
Jo

My Favorites

 
Clicky Web Analytics