Monday, October 30, 2006

HOW GREEN or FRESH IS YOUR TROLLEY.....?

Hey everyone I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

I thought I would give you a couple of days to ‘digest’ our familyroom 9 Week Christmas Plan before we put anything else up for you to read and enjoy. I do hope you’ve printed the plan out and are trying to keep to it. I bought my candy canes today for the kids Christmas cards – I felt very organized and on top of things.

Okay, now back to what I’m writing about today...... How Green or Fresh Is Your Trolley.....

I’ve thought about this for sometime now and have wanted to share my thoughts. Actually the thought first popped into my mind when a friend of mine was doing the groceries with me, she commented on how proud she felt walking through the grocery store with my trolley because it was full of such great stuff and was so green and fresh (meaning full of great fruits and veggies). We eat pretty well in the Sohn home, stacks of fruit and loads of veggies and not a lot of junk or what we call ‘sometimes food’. We are what one would call a ‘foodie’ family we just make sure we keep it extremely nutritious and healthy.

Through my friends simple comment she alerted me to other trolleys in the shop and I must say I was very surprised at what I saw and continue to see. Some of the trolleys I noticed and continue to notice are very packaged, very white, and very colourful (which works to capture our attention and the attention of our children) however this packaged food is generally very processed which, my friends, means there isn’t a lot of goodness in some of these foods - not all of them of course. In saying this, I do however understand that some people do their fruit and veggie shopping in places other than the major supermarkets which is something I do which may very well be the reason for many trolleys lacking in their fresh produce.

In saying all of this and sharing with you I want to encourage everyone to make their trolleys that little bit greener and fresher each week. I encourage you, each week or whenever you do your shopping, to take a look at what your buying and what you could substitute or add to your trolley that would increase the health benefits to your family. It’s that easy and all it takes is a quick glance to see how green and fresh everything is and it may mean one more trip down the ‘fresh produce’ isle.

Go on everyone – we all deserve it!

Thanks for reading, I hope you’re inspired to make a difference in your life and the lives of those in your world.

Love you and believe in each one of you.

Susan xoxo
©thefamilyroom 2006

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here here!! :)

Jane

Anonymous said...

Susan thank you for the post - I know I need to get my trolley looking a bit greener. I will make sure I start making changes immediately. I'm going shopping tomorrow and i will report on my progress.
Thanks Leanne

Anonymous said...

I always feel I've just about "arrived" when I have a bunch of celery sticking out of my grocery bag !! and it's good for you!) Annie

Anonymous said...

Nothing like celery sticking out of your shopping - it seems to do something for the soul. Anyone making some necessary changes to their shopping?

My Favorites

 
Clicky Web Analytics