Monday, October 16, 2006

Say Hello to Jane, our Resident Nutritionist

Hey Girls!

Let me introduce myself. My name is Jane Kennedy and I am a Nutritionist currently working in the field of Health Promotion, which is great fun, especially as I get to do it in Fiji!

I have a lovely 9 year old girl (who is the most fabulously dramatic person I have ever met apart from myself at her age) called Giorgia – Gigi – and a 7 year old yummy, handsome boy called Jonah.

I am married to a hot chocolate man who drags me around the world with his job - I’m not complaining - and together we are navigating the unchartered territory (for us) of marriage and family on the move.

We have been away from Sydney for 2 and a 1/2years but I have watched and listened expectantly to the creation of the Family Room in the hearts of Susan and Michaela. I am very excited to be apart of it.

I will be chatting with you on the blog each week about all sorts of Nutrition related topics like Nutrition for busy mums, healthy lunches, reading food labels, and Nutrition for PMS (isn’t that chocolate?), pregnancy and exercise….and loads more, including learning to be comfortable with food (a BIG one).

You will be free to ask me questions, which I will do my best to answer the following week. I will also provide a list of Nutritionists and Naturopaths in the Sydney area who you could go and see if you needed further, personalised advice.

Nutrition is such an important part of staying strong, feeling good and preventing disease. It also has such an impact on our kids’ behaviour and their little bodies’ resistance to nasty bugs and germs.

Instinctively, you’re probably already sneaking veggies into everything and feeding your kids well, while trying to make sense out of all the advice out there. I’m simply going to put some tools in your hand so that when you hear ‘reduce fat’, ‘cut down on the sugar’, ‘avoid MSG’, you have a clearer idea of how to put that into action.

You can relax though, I’m not afraid of carbs, I love pizza and chocolate and am partial to odd glass of vino, I just eat loads of good stuff too and have learnt that it’s not all or nothing.

Looking forward to the ride….wish I could be there for Christmas with the Girls,

Lv Jane
©The Family Room 2006

6 comments:

thefamilyroom said...

Yay Jane...so excited to welcome you to The Family Room blog!!! Looking forward to your weekly tips!!!
~cj

Anonymous said...

I am really looking forward to hearing what you have to say. So glad you are OK with carbs. I almost bought a T-shirt the other day that said "I love carbs" just to let everyone know I jumped off the "NO CARBS" bandwagon. Sam.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to our blogsite. I am looking forward to reading more of your thoughts on nutrition. Every bit of advice to date has worked for me.
Michaela.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sam

Yeah how DO Italians do Atkins??!!

Bring on the pasta!

Jane

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane,

Im looking forward to hearing your thoughts. I will be doing my Diploma in Nutrition next year.
Jo Wheeler

Anonymous said...

Go for it Jo, you'll love it, if you can get past the chemistry and biochem!! They were my challenges, but maybe you're a science wiz.
Where will you be studying?
Jane

My Favorites

 
Clicky Web Analytics