Monday, January 19, 2009

Marley & Me



Okay friends if you haven't seen this movie yet then please DO! It's amazing. This story touches on all aspects of life, work, love, play, family, stress, frustration, joy and so much more.

I went to the movie this weekend with my 10 year old daughter and we both laughed and cried....no, actually we bawled our eyes out as did everyone else in the cinema. Don't worry, you don't come out feeling all blah and gloomy rather you feel like you've gone through an emotional car wash and you come out ready to face life ~ head on!!

For those of you who are just starting your family and you find yourself in the trenches, suffering from sleep depravation, feeding schedules and spit up patrol and at times you truly can't see your way out.....this movie is for you. Jennifer Aniston does a wonderful job of losing the plot and then finding the strength to carry on. She truly makes all of us feel normal. Trust me, you will see yourself through her at some point.

For those of us who are reaching 40, who have already reached that milestone and are well into our 40's this is also for you. The hubby's journey is extremely interesting and we can all learn from his story. Together this couple, through the telling of their story help make sense and bring perspective into the everydayness of life and into yesterday, today and tomorrow. Trust me, you will enjoy this flick.

I won't give anything else away, just know that it is definitely WORTH SEEING.

I can't wait to hear what you think.

Susan

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved this movie!!!!!! Thanks for doing a little review about it. Will you guys consider doing more of these? Helps to know your 10 year old went to it and it was okay. I can't imagine you would take her to something that wasn't so helps us.
Thanks
Glenda

Anonymous said...

Agree. This is a must see.
Thanks.
Tracey

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info. Think I'll try and get a few together and enjoy a night out.
Shelley

Anonymous said...

I also took my ten year old to see it and we loved it. It is a great movie that touches on some pretty heavy stuff whilst a thread of comedy runs through. Can't wait to see it again!

Annie xx

Anonymous said...

We loved it too.

I have found a great site that is helpful when working out when movies are appropriate for kids or not, I wasn't sure about the sexual content of Marley and Me and came across parent previews.

http://www.parentpreviews.com/

I think it's actually a Canadian site Susan...
Jane xo

My Favorites

 
Clicky Web Analytics