Thursday, November 20, 2008

Grow your dreams

After reading Jane’s blog about holding on to our dreams, I’ve found myself encouraged and challenged by where I currently am in life.

As a young adult, I look at my life and can't help but feel content. I'm married to an incredible man; not only is he my best friend, but he has been so almost since the day we met in grade 10 (I don't have any problem (YET) saying that that was more than seven years ago).

I spent my first two years out of high school studying at a college in Australia, where I made incredible friendships (including those with The Family Room team!), and really "found myself".

For the past two years, I've been working at my dream job, and often get referred to as a "successful college student", as I am, in fact, working in the field for which I was trained.

I’ve also been hosting a Saturday morning children’s show on a TV station in Canada, where I have the opportunity to speak into the lives of thousands of kids each week.

My husband has a great job which he loves and where he continually sees favour, as he makes advances that are very rare for someone of his age. We're in the final stages of having our first home built and eagerly await our move in date (within the next few weeks!).

If you had told me five years ago that this would be my life after graduating from high school, I would probably have laughed at you. Although I'm essentially living my dream, I never thought it would happen so soon after college. Yet here I am ... but where to now?

The challenge then comes to dream bigger!

Maybe it’s time to stop thinking about what I WANT and rather about what I CAN DO. Thankfully, there's more to my life than what I've achieved to this point. I know there's more in me to give. I know there's untapped potential in my life. And I know that it’s not all about me, it’s about making an impact on the world around me.

And so my dreams have and are expanding ... are yours?

Happy dreaming!
Love CJ
xoxox

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great CJ!
I laughed when I read that when leaving school you never could have imagined being where you are now. I often wish I could have shown the young woman with postnatal depression, struggling to get through Ground hog day, the Jane of today!

You have a happy, contented, successful life that is wonderful, but you're right, you do have a choice: you could sit back and enjoy it all, feet up, without looking outwards, or you could continually search for ways to expand the dream and take others by the hand and walk them through into their dreams.

I love that you're choosing to embrace the stretch and dream bigger...the sky's the limit!
Jane x

Katherine Gagne said...

Great article. Continue to sow deeply because it keeps us season after season reaping a harvest. You inspire me to be better!
KG

My Favorites

 
Clicky Web Analytics