Saturday, January 20, 2007

FOUR Words that change lives....forever!

Recently I have had a few things on my mind that I thought I would like to share with everyone and one of them I just couldn’t shake…….so instead of ignoring it I thought I would take a step and share it with everyone. I hope you enjoy.

I want to share, with you, four of the strongest words I know. Four words I believe can and will make a difference in the life you are currently living.

These words hold incredible power and the ability to verbalise them is life impacting. Not only are these words powerful when spoken but unspoken they seem to obtain the same amount of power. These four words have the ability to soften the hardest of hearts and situations however at times they seem to be the hardest words for all of us to get out…..

Without keeping you in any more suspense allow me to tell you what the words are. The first two words of the four is THANK YOU! It’s amazing how something a simple as thank you can change everything. A thank you can diffuse an argument, it can ease a load, and it can warm a heart. Thank you has the ability to make the impossible seem possible regardless of the situation or circumstance.


The other two words are just as easy and hold just as much weight and they are I’M SORRY! I am continually amazed at how an I’m sorry can heal a wound, can change an atmosphere, can mend a relationship and can heal a broken heart plus do so much more in just two, very simple yet extremely challenging words.

As you read this I know you understand what I’m saying. I know most of you (much like myself) are thinking how you need to say these words more often whether it be to our children, our partner, our parents, our siblings or our friends. It’s interesting how these four words require each one of us to be bigger people both on the inside and the outside. You see, in order to say these powerful, life-changing words you have to resolve that firstly, you will soften and that you will be the one who initiates the pending reconciliation and/or change.

Friends, I encourage each on of you to increase these words in your vocabulary and watch the world around you change. Use them at home, at the local park, in the supermarket, in the car park or on the roads (now that’s a challenge for some). Use them with your teenagers, your little ones, use them with your partner and see your relationship grow. Change may take time but it starts the moment you step out with a grateful and honest heart.

I believe in you and know that the future of your family will be stronger simply because you took the time to read this little thought.

As always, remember that the world (and every situation) looks better through smiling eyes.

Take care and love each other more today than ever before!!!!!!

Susan xoxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a great post Susan and you are so right. These words are challenging but so necessary in our day-to-day existence (if we want it to be great).
I'm going to pass the address of the blog spot to some friends who will greatly benefit from everything you guys write.
I guess all I can really say here is......Thank you.
Jenny

My Favorites

 
Clicky Web Analytics