Monday, January 08, 2007

To family

Hello everyone and happy new year to you all! I hope you have had a great start to the year and my prayer is that the days, weeks and months ahead will exceed all your expectations.

I personally have had a great start to the year - a start that I know will benefit not only myself and family but thefamilyroom as well........ I have had the opportunity to start the year relaxing with my parents and children. As some of you know we reside in Sydney, Australia and my parents live in Canada however this Christmas brought us to the US and my parents were able to come across and be with us. Actually not only my parents but my sister and her family as well, which for me is like medicine to my soul!

I love spending time with my family - it is like being cradled in the arms of your father (some of you may know that feeling when you were a little child and you pretended to fall asleep in the back of the car just so your mum or dad would carry you in - that's the feeling I'm talking about). Through thefamilyroom I hope that we all will endeavour to build strong families that become safe places for those in our care, for those in our world and for ourselves.

Be happy, be strong and be committed to one another. Remember to laugh lots because everything looks better through smiling eyes!

Take care my friends and stay connected through this spot. Make sure you make comments and keep the conversation going.

Have the best day!

Susan xoxo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think about my family in the same way that you do however you have challenged me to make a change and do things different with my young family.
I hope that one day my children will refer to spending time with my husband and I as medicine to their souls.
Our compliments to your parents and your siblings whom you have referred to before.
Jessica

Anonymous said...

Thank you Susan for remembering me to laugh as much as I can and to enjoy each single moment spent with my incredible family!
You are amazing!!!
Eva from Germany :-)

Anonymous said...

Eva,
So good to hear from you. I hope you are really well. I'm glad you are being reminded of things 'to do' through the spot. Keep reading and keep commenting, it is so nice to hear from you. Say hello to your parents from me.
Love you!
Susan

My Favorites

 
Clicky Web Analytics