Monday, February 19, 2007

My Journey Begins......


Hello everyone. Just so you know, this series of posts will be similar to that of Star Wars ~ by that I mean there is so much that has happened to lead me to getting serious with my health and I will share that at a later date. Right now I want to start with me sitting here dripping in SWEAT and feeling fantastic!

Today was my big day, my journey back to fitness and I’ve decided to take you along with me. My hope is that somewhere along this incredible journey you will be inspired to join me.

I’ve made the decision to get fit again, you see I have always been fit and enjoyed exercise however 3 babies later I have found that although my intentions have been great that's all they have remained...intentions. The decision I have made to get fit and strong is ME.

You see I’m not overweight (I am however carrying a little extra following multiple pregnancies ☺); I don’t have issues with food or anything like, in fact, we (Philip and I) happen to be ‘foodies’. We both love to cook, eat out, try different things but in saying that we are very health conscience and eat wisely. My decision has been made purely because I want to feel great, I want to have more energy and I want to build strength into my body. There is so much I have to accomplish and I KNOW that I need to be strong in order to make a difference in this big world and to be the wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend that I want to be.

So, how have I started?

I prepared my exercise wardrobe last night. I laid everything out so there would be no excuse this morning. This ‘mental preparation’ allowed me to wake ready and believe it or not…excited to get going today!

I dropped the kids to school then popped my littlest in the jogging stroller and off I went for my jog/walk. We went for ½ hour and it was great, I was tired, I was sweaty, I felt like giving up and turning back earlier than I wanted to but I allowed myself to be stubborn and I made it! I then came home and planned to skip (yes with a skipping rope) for 15 minutes however upon starting I realised just how hard skipping is (I can’t remember skipping being a challenge in year 4!). I quickly adjusted my skipping time to 10 minutes and then adjusted it once again to 5 minutes……I was done and I felt that exhilaration that comes from stretching your capacity and exerting your body.

You know what’s funny, mentally I already feel better and what’s even funnier is I didn’t realise I was feeling perhaps a little off colour until now, until I did something positive with my body. Tomorrow I will do the same and you know what I bet I can get my skipping up to 5.5 minutes or maybe even 6 – I’ll let you know.

Keep smiling because as I always say, the world looks better through smiling eyes!!!!

Susan xoxo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness you are amazing. I seriously don't know how you keep yourself going. your energy levels must be higher than the average girl on the street.
Renata

Anonymous said...

Well done Susan I look forward to reading your story. I'm gonna get off my back side and start walking.
Jess

Anonymous said...

Susan you are an inspiration. Keep up the good work.
Lisa

My Favorites

 
Clicky Web Analytics