Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Day 2 - I Did It!!!!


Well here I am again sitting at my kitchen table feeling totally exhilarated and proud of myself. Day 2 was a huge success and I feel fantastic.

I dropped the kids off at school, met Belinda (whom you know through familyroom), and we decided to fartlek. Which is exactly what I did yesterday I just didn’t give you the term --- isn’t it a funny word ☺

FYI….A fartlek can be defined as a continous run during which the pace is frequently and intentionally changed, where time and/ or distance is each or both left unmeasured.

So, we did that then I came home to SKIP!!! Now you have to understand that my husband is my timekeeper and anyone who knows him knows that he wouldn’t let me cheat. Today my goal was to skip for 5.5 minutes – well I did 6 MINUTES. I’m so happy. It was hard but I pushed myself and I did it.

My exercise didn’t stop there, when I was finished I was so hot and sweaty that I changed into my swimmers, jumped into the pool, and did 20 laps. I’m tired now but I feel fantastic. I’m on my way.

I hope you’re enjoying these posts; my hope is that my story will inspire you to make a few adjustments and changes whether that is in the area of your current fitness level or something else. Go for it!

Have the best day and encourage someone today, remind someone in your world how fortunate you are to know him or her.

Susan xoxo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan, have just had a great read on the blogspot!
Happy skipping - go girl!
Love Jody

Anonymous said...

Next time you set a goal of skipping, let me know...I nearly had a heart attack when I gave it a go a wee while ago! Oh my.

The sites looking great..it is indeed in my favourites.

Let me know a date for the next family room...priority to get a table again.
Debs

Anonymous said...

Okay so you've made me get off the couch. I'm moving and I'm committing to change.
Vanessa

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you guys are making a move...it's so worth it.
Debs I'll skip with you any day - man it's a killer!!!
Thanks for the comments everyone.
Susan

My Favorites

 
Clicky Web Analytics