Monday, May 21, 2007

Our Exercise Journey Continues

Hello everyone I hope you are all well and enjoying whatever season of life you are in. I thought I would share something with you today about our journey towards health and fitness….we haven’t given you an update for awhile ☺

As you know Susan and I have become committed fartlekers (I still can’t get used to that word). We have been fartleking (regularly) for just over 3 months now and I can’t believe how much better I feel. My shape is starting to change and my weight is dropping (yahoo!!). I must admit, the weight coming off has been a little slower than I thought – I’ve heard it said that it’s much easier to put it on than take it off and so it is. Slow or not it’s coming off and that’s what matters.

I am so glad Susan and I made this decision and committed to this journey. You see, I have always been an extremely active ‘sporty’ person (you should see my before and after pictures) however after three large babies, taking care of everyone else’s needs before mine, eating without realising, no time (or energy) for exercise I changed. It was slow but it happened and I realised that I was no longer who I once was.

You’ve read earlier that we (Susan and I plus a few others) have decided that enough was enough and this year was our year to return to health and fitness. It’s taken time, its taken determination and DISCIPLINE but the rewards are great. The rewards didn’t happen immediately – in fact, no one really noticed change until just recently, over three months of pain and perseverance and no one noticed. I had to keep reminding myself that I was doing this for ME so it didn’t matter if anyone noticed. I must admit over the last two weeks I have had a few people comment on my change and it has felt good, more in terms of feeling good because I’ve seen something through – I’ve made a permanent change in my life.

I share this with you today to encourage you to get up and go. Make a decision today (or this week) to change, discipline yourself to make a difference in your health. YOU DESERVE IT! Get healthy. I love my husband and children and I want to live a long, healthy life with them. To do so I must keep fitness as part of my routine.

I encourage all of you already exercising to continue on and those thinking about starting go for it. IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE.

Belinda xxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw you today B and you are definitely looking thinner. More imprtantly you are beaming with health. Keep up the great work, you guys are inspiring!

Annie

My Favorites

 
Clicky Web Analytics