Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Breathe……… Summer holidays are almost here!

Okay so this is just a quick post for everyone preparing for the last day of school (mine being tomorrow). I want you to breathe and know that this is going to be an amazing summer holiday for both the children and yourselves!

Make sure you relax into the holiday season and have heaps of fun. Don’t stress about making every day special because that’s not what is really important. What’s important is that your kids (whatever their age) are able to relax and enjoy a break after a long year.
Take a moment and think back to your summer holidays, your mind probably isn’t full of huge days and you probably don’t remember each one. What you wil most likely remember are things similar to me….things like:

• A full day of swimming
• The sun on your skin
• Whole watermelons being cut and eating the entire thing
• The smell of a bbq
• The smell of freshly cut grass
• Games of hide and seek or spotlight
• Friends over for lazy afternoons
• Corn on the cob
• Fresh fruit
• Ice blocks
• Laughter
• The occasional sunburn….ouch!
• Flies waking you up in the morning when you’re trying to sleep in
• Coconut oil
.....and so much more...

You see summer holidays weren’t always packed full of adventure. Rather, most of our time was spent discovering life in the back yard, through conversations with family and friends whilst our legs dangled across an outdoor setting as we madly swatted away flies and mosquitoes.

So friends make sure you enjoy yourself, be creative and allow the tight ropes of our yearly schedules to be loosened and enjoy as many laughs as you can over the next few weeks. These are the memories that will last a lifetime.

Have the best day.

Susan xoxo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This blog has been like the berocca of my life. Just when it gets busy and i feel like quitting, you girls inspire me to keep my chin up and keep going. I know this Christmas is going to be great...thanks!
- Sarah-Jane.

Anonymous said...

my kids have just finished school, and today is my first day without a school run on my 'to do list'. I'm still in my jammies and just relaxing into the day. thanks for making me think.
Stephanie

My Favorites

 
Clicky Web Analytics